2.04.2012

"I'm in the park doing reps, you in Bally's"- Pharoahe Monch



I remember hearing Erykah's version of The Healer first and absolutely loved it. Simple. Powerful. Beautiful. Then I heard Monch's version and it became a different song. Through his deft lyricism and energy he managed to transform the track into a revolution song.


Hope this Monch post makes up for my other one.


















We are renegades and W.A.R is the acronym so fuck rallys 
I'm in the park doing reps, you in Bally's
And no I'm not referring to Slick Ricks shoes
P is a walking ticking time bomb like tick, tick, tick tick....
When gloomy economic statistics loom, civilized people become terrorists
On stolen that's not even America's in the first place that's why the energy's all fucked up
I throw stones like Palestinian drama, it's bigger than Hillary, its' bigger than Obama
It's bigger than McCain, it's bigger than that pope, it's unity it's faith it's change it's hope it's...

No comments:

Post a Comment