2.23.2012

Flow - Blu

This song could easily have a post about any of the following categories.

"Blu black hearted and young"

Repeating the "Seed killer" lines at 2 different points in the song to illustrate different forms of death. Abortion and murder.


This is a deep, insightful narrative about his formative years. It does not flow in the way other story raps do, missing transitions and context. but his herky-jerky flow makes that lack of cohesion seem intentional.

Speaking of flow, that is precisely what drew me to this song. Blu has a myriad of flows which he employs liberally depending on the track. Here he decides to go with a hesitation, stutter step style which perfectly compliments the track as well as the aforementioned story structure.







"life is cold
cold is pain
pain is growth
and every seed that grows sees rain
and the rain gon' come it aint nothing new
but when its done the sun shining through"
 
life is cold
cold is pain
pain is growth
and any seed that grows sees rain
and the rain gon' come it aint nothing new


I was cold hearted and young, a dumb kid with a gun

Cause fun days don't last, the last nigga to laugh

So rap fell on my tongue, numb feelings remain

And pain comes and it goes, 
but my wounds shows the room where my pops beat my moms

Moms screamin' for help, myself hot as a sun

Cold hearted and young, a dumb kid with a gun

That I got from my pops, top drawer
 when he left, my momma twice in a week

My momma lifeless and weak, spendin' her nights in the sheets

With seed killer number (one) 
Seed killer number (two) 
Seed killer number (three)

Got heat from the newborns scorned brother 
Blu black hearted and young

Raps fell off his tongue, 
numb feelings remain
, the pain comes and it goes

But my wounds show the tomb that now shelters my boy

My boy needed my help, myself not in the game

The game heartless and young
, dumb niggas with guns, cause fun days don't last

The last nigga that blast got shots all in his back

Wrath fell on his soul, but in my soul he remains

Pain comes and it goes,
 but my wounds show the moon shining off of his blood

His blood ran through his moms,
 his moms ran outside
, 5 niggas with guns

Seed killer number (one)
Seed killer number (two)
Seed killer number (three)

Pulled the heat and he was through
, threw dirt on his casket
His mom will re-mask it
, still couldn't hide tears years pass her son

Numb feelings remain
, pain comes and it goes

But my wounds show the groom that still married my mom

My mom still had a son
, dumb kid with a gun
That I got from my pops
, top drawer when he left
My momma fightin' for years, 
my momma fightin' her tears
Now she gotta explain the game of her life to her son
, but the sun still shines

Nine children and a newborn scorn brother two
 Blu, life isn't young

Dumb kid with a tongue, that I got from Hip Hop
, but she left me for you, so I'm a give her to you

Cold hearted and young

No comments:

Post a Comment