2.16.2012

"...I still do, after all these years..." Lupe

"These are just a illustration, of a few scenes that helped raise a generation"


Interesting food for thought that Wassalu has forwarded here. More importantly, he does so without placing a bias in any one direction (negative or positive).



I know for me, the power of some of these films, in some way, led me to pursue some righteous stuff with my life. Maybe, they had the opposite impact for others. Perhaps our paths were already written, and the films meant nothing at all.


I may quit teaching and begin a doctoral dissertation on the basis of this shit...word up....


One of the few cases where only "reading while listening" would interfere with the overall experience...




One more thing, beyond the obvious, what about the overlap in characters/actors in each of these films...and the way the author Lupe seamlessly interchanges their real names and character names/roles. By doing so illuminates just how different and similar they all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment