2.14.2012

"Are love songs gay?"


If Drake were smart he'd point to this track whenever anyone started clowning him about being terry cloth soft.
 





Its is no secret that I am a card carrying member of the sensitive male club. My first music experiences included some of the most sappy, powerful love joints of the 70's. Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, Blue Magic, and the Stylistics raised me. So while I understand the overall Drake criticisms, I do think it can be a bit much at times, especially considering his genealogy.

I mean c'mon, Drake is a Graham! His uncle is Larry Graham, his uncle was part of Graham Central Station! He grew up in this stuff!

Instead of rapping/singing about girls, or his feelings, I suppose they'd rather him rap about real shit...like his homies.




Here are a few other love-ish songs I like below, after the jump. But everyday is the 14th for me. I don't need a random holiday for me to post love raps, shit matta fact, I got three already in the chamber ready to go!







No comments:

Post a Comment