2.24.2012

"Boyz II Men posters, Gladys Knight fried chicken" Action Bronson

Blue Chips by Action Bronson is wonderfully written, straight spittin kind of track with an equally as impressive intro. I'm on record saying Bronson's flow in general favors Raekwon more than Ghost, however his wordplay on this joint is definitely Starks-esque. It is a fun listen.


I could not find the lyrics to this  anywhere. I am willing to sit, edit and revise lyrics for hours, however I do not have the patience to transcribe them.  Here are a few snippets.













"Hoppin out the Saab"
Love that he brags about his Saab

"Chris Hansen, dancin in a Swiss mansion"
Huh? Could he be referencing the legal age of consent (15) in Switzerland in the same breath as Americas favorite sex predator predator? Or is it just spit.


"Could tell a tranny by the neck"
 Random line, has absolutely NO tie in, either content, or linguistically in the song. Awesome.

"Olden Polis keep 'em jumpin like Steve Francis"
Why is he referencing Olden Polynice and Stevie Francis together? This line reminds me of the "Jordan jump dunked like Clyde Drexler" line from Ghost

"Ear ring with the feather every hookers name is Heather"
I had to laugh out load when I head this line.

"Black Acura imported straight from  Africa
White tigers, thousand dollar spatula"

"Weed smell like disinfectant, fucking bitches pregnant
Stroller from Stockholm, nannies from Haiti
Boyz II Men posters, Gladys Knight fried chicken"

2 comments:

  1. Dude is definitely a throwback but I his flow reminds me more of Fat Joe (Diggin the crates era) than Ghost or Raekwon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Yeah I can definitely hear fat Joe's voice and uber casual style. But in my opinion he flips it a bit more than Joey.

    ReplyDelete