11.30.2011

Content - Pharoahe Monch



Sometimes it is hard to look myself in the mirror and say that I have a blog dedicated to hip-hop lyricists yet I have yet to post  on some of the most well respected MC's to bless a mic. Not sure why...maybe I am a little shook to take on the task of commenting on, and writing about, some of those heavy weights. Or perhaps maybe its there is so much to pick from.


That could very well be the case with Pharaohe Monch. What to pick? His songs about promiscuous women are equally as well done as his ish about global warming. Anyway I decided on a quick two verse joint he did on a mixtape with Clinton Sparks called The Awakening.


She's a Ho is a perfect display of his deft diction and delivery...regardless of the subject matter. I still can't help but to feel a bit guilty using this song of alllll the thoughtful and well crafted pieces he has to choose from. But this blog is not just about "positive" lyrics, it's about strong lyrical performances...regardless of subject matter!!!!
(I still feel a bit guilty..)

Anyway, I can't find lyrics and I am too lazy to transcribe them so here is the the audio with a few choice quotes.

"She's a beast and my sex drives so asinine
She screw like astro with no astroglide (Astro's voice)
Dic-tate like Castro but way past her prime"
Call her Crazy Legs cuz she sit on it and  backspin
Swallowed the protien and she aint even on Atkins"

"...This be dedcated to them head wrap hoes
All spiritual with incense and candles
But get'em back to the room and it's off with them sandles
Quick"

"...See'em in SOB's and CBGB's but trying to bag Pharoah it aint so easy Ma
....(oh) excuse me I meant 'queen'..."


No comments:

Post a Comment