11.27.2011

"Got jealous when she kissed Rob, I broke her Chick-o-Sticks"


Originally I  was going to do this post on Ghostface Killah's verse from the song "Strawberry" from Bullet Proof Wallets, but upon closer investigation I realized I could not do so without at least acknowledging the lyrical performance of his co-host. 

 

Killa Sin of Killarmy is one of those rappers who has a small but dedicated following who are passionate in their lauding of him. Very underrated, he has always had the monumental task of being featured on tracks hatched by one of the genre's most pioneering producers, and that feature some of the foremost dart throwers as well. Yet, he never seems to get lost in the moment, often putting forth a solid lyrical effort in the process. This song is no exception.

Sin's multisyllabic mouthful is a densely packed narrative of a stick-up gone wrong. While dense, and incredibly difficult to transcribe, (not certain I got it all right) it is also somewhat minimalist in terms of his lack of use of transitions or "set-up" words. The subject of his narrative does not match the sonic backdrop of the melodic beat and Five on the Black Hand Side playing in the background in the way that Ghost's does, but it seems to work.

Conversely, Tony Starks' topic and flow melded with the beat beautifully. The introduction of  this sex tale with one of the song's most striking lines.
"Five and a half in boys, ass is off the hook
High school pussy, heard you got the best nookie"

Rarely does Ghost introduce a character on a song with out providing the listener with some sort of description and he does so here in a powerful way. When I hear "Five and a half in boy's..." it makes me think of the innocence of my youth, liking girls and making conversation with them, and I can totally hear a girl's voice saying those words in my head, "I'm a 7, but a 5 1/2 in boys...". It is a really cute way to tell someone your sneaker size. 

I am less certain about his overall intent as an author here, however. Either he is extolling the virtues of sex with under aged girls, or he is harkening back to a more innocent time in his (or the character's) life. With his tendency to speak fondly of his school-aged years, my guess is the latter. 

Something else Ghost does frequently is describe something through gesture or motion, as if the listener can see what he is doing. Similar to what he did on "The Sun" he describes a scene...
"I'm palmin ya ass like this while you ridin' it"

One of the other more impressive lines is not necessarily what he says, but how he says it.
"I told you not to move, you dumb broad"

Ghost articulates this as if he is saying it while gritting his teeth simultaneously, so as to prolong the climax, and ultimately, ejaculating.


 
(feat. Killa Sin, RZA)
"I want you, you've got me, something soothing" [x4]

[Killa Sin]

The fuck?
Yo, somebody sent their wolf pack in their clappin' rounds
Actin' like, what a way to play these clowns
Some shady town guerrillas tryin' to lay me down
Yo maybe Brown, done set it up, who give a fuck?
We vested up, from head to gut, them niggas won't get the best of us
They talk to me, silently they stalk with me
Awkwardly, till they seen my two nina's
[inaudible] the side of these  jeans, would lean'em , leave 'em
Coughin' and bleedin' even, barfin' and wheezin'
Son they- called for it, we at odds, and we gon' make it even
Burning Season long 4 keep pourin on the heat Lord
The more beef they bring Killa, the more steak to feast off
One shot nearly took a cheek off, should've seen him leapin'
Bloody Mooners episode 1 where weapons get spun
And those who gamble with them hammers'll surely death will become

"Get over here woman!"


[Interlude: RZA]

Yo, nigga, pass the mothafuckin' velvety, nigga
(No more mothafuckin' velvety)
What the fuck is that? Grey Goose, nigga?
(Yeah, yo)
Yo, where the fuck is Tony at, man?
He in the room right here?
(True, so chill son, chill son
He gettin' his dick sucked
A bitch suckin' his dick)
Not again, B (Damn, nigga)
Yo, Tony! (Yo baby, chill, chill)
Yo, hold up (A bitch suckin' his dick)
Oh shit, son, she slurpin' and burpin'
(Fuck that) Listen, listen, listen, listen
(Oh shit he gettin' his dick sucked)

[Ghostface Killah]

Five and a half in boys (Uh-huh), ass is off the hook (word)
High school pussy, heard you got the best nookie
Sugar walls, watchin love, slide right on my dick
I'm palmin ya ass like this while you ridin' it
I'm about to cum boo-boo, chill for a sec
I Feel it at the tip, ma' (gushing sound), ya pussy's too wet
One false move and I'ma blast like the very first time
Burnt you with candle wax fast while you was slobbin' mine
Dick is sensitive, you move, baby here it is
Oh Lord,I told you not to move, you dumb broad
Comin' for days, wettin' ya cage
My dick is like the sprinklers and maybe a dush, I'm here to save the day
Solomon was wise and I got fifty other bitches
Some eat bitches, some bitches fuck my niggas
Solomon was wise and I got fifty other bitches
Some eat bitches, some bitches fuck my niggas

"I want you, you've got me, something soothing" [x4]

BTW, Mathematics produced a version of this song called "Strawberries and Cream" that is equally as infectious.
  

2 comments:

  1. "Rarely does Ghost introduce a character on a song with out providing the listener with some sort of description and he does so here in a powerful way."

    the verse that taught me this, that made me go "hold up..." was from "Ca$h Still Rules" - the tale of Billy Johnson:

    "Ayo strong arm that kid right there with wavy hair,
    Billy Johnson, snatched him out his whip in Times Square/
    Took his Pumas, nameplate - duke lost weight
    Summer eighty-eight, started a fight at Can't Wait/
    Ask Dorothy, same kid pussy up in Marcy,
    Blazin' that tad Rossi, up in the Marquis/
    He lost like a hundred ounces, Jake rushed his houses-
    Had him on the porch, ass no trousers/
    The souped up, individual stuff, the new stuff -
    Same kid cryin' on the stand with Judge Cuffner/
    Kissed him with hard numbers three to nine style,
    Before he left, he flashed in his face like Denzel/
    Richard Dale took his Beaver, Un threw up all in his whip,
    once he dropped and split his wig with the heater/
    His shape up was all fucked up, heads he had me laughin'/
    God you seen how he was laid out - in the grass with dirt in his mouth
    Slim woke him up told him he wild out...
    Blood leakin' from his teeth he smiled like he gummed out/
    Big bolo, stackin' his shit financed the Volvo/
    He copped his shit from a small coffeeshop in SoHo
    He still pussy, he sell his dust up on the Lower East
    Posin' like he rap now..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dope dope verse! Duke has so many, it's like trying to pick your favorite flavor of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete