11.26.2011

Big Punisher


Not unlike Biggie, Big Punisher  always seemed like the kind of guy you would love to have a beer and share laughs with. He did not take him self too seriously, something that many rappers could learn from. What was dead serious was his flow, lyrics, wordplay and delivery. While he had punchlines he certainly not a punchline rapper. This verse on "John Blaze" from Fat Joe's Don Cartegena album is sprinkled with alliteration and end-rhyme goodness. 

"Soon as I chitter chatter your shit'll shatter"

What a great line that is! What a thoughtful and creative way to describe what happens to rival MCs once you begin to rhyme.

 


 

"My crew puff lye, anyone test the Pun must die
Just give me one try -- 'Now you know you done fucked up right?'
Hah, you ain't got no wins in my casa
Que te pasa, you ain't even in my clasa
I hate a actor that plays a rapper
I'm Terror Squad beta kappa everybody's favorite rapper
Grand imperial college material insane criminal
The same nigga who known to blow out your brain mineral
I reign subliminal inside your visual
Try to supply your physical with my spiritual side of this lyrical
I'll appear in your dreams, like Freddie do, no kidding you
Even if I stuttered I would still sh-sh-sh-shit on you
Soon as I chitter chatter your shit'll shatter, I'm the kid
out of Bronx, that'll stomp you to death like it didn't matter
I'm even better than before, iller metaphors
Killers bet it all on Pun, cause one verse, dead em all"

No comments:

Post a Comment