7.09.2009

"uh, uh, uh, all over the track and, uh pardon me, uh, as I come back" - Busta Rhymes

So....I swore to myself that I would make it a point not to do music reviews on my blog. I and I will hold true to that. However I listen to a shit-ton of music throughout the week, some great, most mediocre, a lot of it trash.

Sometimes, I am scarred by the experience and quickly need to hear or watch something new to rid my memory of the experience.

That being said, I recently gave two, full, quality listens to Busta Rhymes' new album, Back on my BS, and.... yeah (sigh).


Watching this video clip on one of my favorite sites, The Meaning of Dope, really helped with the cleansing process, and left me with a smile on my face.

Hope it does the same for you.


BTW, Busta appears to be freestyling, the others are "free"styling...dope nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. A keen ear can tell the difference between freestyling and what your calling, "free" styling. What's your beef exactly? And then tell me again why it matters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sigh) Reading comprehension is an important skill.

    The post has nothing to do with differentiating between a freestyle and a "free"style.

    There is no "beef" I listened to a album from an artist that I loved and was incredibly dissapointed and let down by his effort.

    Next, I was surfing the web and saw a clip of that artist that made me smile and cheered me up a bit. What is there not to understand?

    In terms of why it matters, well, not sure that it does in the grand scheme of things. Arab Money prolly sold a ton of itunes singles and got major radio play, to people of your ilk, thats all that really matters.

    ReplyDelete