12.25.2011

Memorable Christmas gift

My most memorable hip-hop related gift was not an actual present, but a stocking stuffer.

There was the year I finally got an official Triple F.A.T. Goose coat. (with the fur on the hood!)

 


Which also happened to be the same year I got a a pair of Adidas Pro Shells.

But neither of these really did it for me the way music did. Besides, nobody tried to rob me for my music on December 26th as they had for the above garments!

It was 1997, my first year in middle school. All I wanted was the new Just-Ice tape, Kool & Deadly



It was not his best work, and in fact this tape only had one song that I really banged, but that wasn't why I liked it so much. It was the fact that my mom would actually cop a tape that look like that, and would stuff it in my stocking no less! To this day I love giving her a hard time about buying me offensive music at age 11. She gets defensive and into denial mode when I bring it up.


Happy Holidays.



No comments:

Post a Comment