12.07.2011

End Rhyme - UTFO


Educated Rapper of UTFO did his thing on this verse from their hit song "Roxanne, Roxanne". It also happens to be a good use of end rhyme as well. Also, like many older school MCs before him, EMD makes use of voice inflection-changing his tone, tempo, and over annunciating as he goes along.


UTFO on the whole were kind of gimmicky, but they did have a few bars here and there.  I mostly like how much fun they were having on the mic. 


"But do you know, after all that
All I received was a pat on my back"

It's also cool that at the end, he/they ended up not getting the girl. A little humility/reality. The "reality" for many rappers today would have been ending this song with them "getting brain from the girl and her mom, while simultaneously driving AND popping tags....


Skip to the 1:03 mark for homeboy's verse...




"Yo Kangol, I don't think that you're dense
Buy you went about the matter with no experience
You should know, she doesn't need a guy like you
She needs a guy like me, with a high IQ
And she'll take to my rap, cause my rap's the best
The educated rapper MD will never fess
So when I met her, I wasted no time
But stuck up Roxanne paid me no mind
She thought my name was Barry, I told her it was Gary
She said she didn't like it so she chose to call me Barry
She said she'd love to marry, my baby she would carry
And if we had a baby, she'd name the baby Harry
Her mother's name is Mary, which is really quite contrary
Her face is very hairy, and you can say it's scary
She lives in [unclear], her father's a fairy
His [unclear....................................]
Back in January, or was it February?
But every time I say this rhyme it makes me kinda weary
It's only customary to give this commentary
You'll never find a rhyme like this in any dictionary
But do you know, after all that
All I received was a pat on the back"
That's what you get, it happened to me
Ain't that right Mixmaster I-C-E

No comments:

Post a Comment