8.21.2013

"F@!% it, go stupid, get zooted do coon sh!t..."

"...we losing anyway might as well go out shootin."

Black Opera

Koon Sh!t

I was on my bike when this song came on my headphones and I had to stop for a sec because I didn't know what to make of it.  Koon Sh!t by Black Opera is a satire in the spirit of classic movie CB4. Based on the little bits of their other work Ive heard, this seems more of an experiment.

A really interesting one.



The slowed down sample of DJ Premier's voice from Gangstarr's You Know My Steez works perfectly for the into on this track. His chopped and screwed voice sounds eerie, and given the content of the song, his words are ironic.."The real, Hip-Hop, Emceen' and Dee Jayin', from your own mind you know..."

Hip-Hop culture, music in particular seems prime for a Stephen Colbert-like satirist. My only worry is that unlike the Colbert Report, I am not sure that person could go exceed the levels of buffoonery we are already at.

How do you caricature caricatures?




 I couldn't find complete lyrics so I just threw some down

"Fcuk it
Go stupid
Get zooted
Do coon shit
We losing anyway might as well go out shootin

Fcuk it
Start gunnin
Get your numbers
Nikka do dumb sh!t
There ain't no coming back from this shit we already down by damn near 100"

"I mean we makin coon shit but we makin money my nikka"

"What we do for money is ugly, is ugly
That coon shit is stupid I agree, I agree
Some rappers might have been a janitor 
Wasn't for coon shit on planet earth
Now these coon ass nikkas is millionaires
These coon as nikkas is millionaires"



No comments:

Post a Comment