2.14.2013

"Heavyweight rhyme writer..." - Ghostface Killah


There is a short list of rappers who can 'set it off' on a Big Daddy Kane beat. Ghostface Killah is one of them. The beats-per-minute of this Kane track far exceeds what Ghost typically spits to, though you would not be able to tell by listening to it. He is as comfortable on this as he is on a Rza or Mathematics produced track. The content is very much in line with what you'd expect from him, story telling, imagery, metaphors and earnestness. 










 
"Bring all the hammers and the buchanans
My click ran in and after the blazin' is done, we still standin'
Spot Raider Rich Gannon, I play the bench standin'
Front of them snitch cameras, blow up your bitch hand and
Give her a quick chance to kiss grams
In the mix, I saw the bitch sniffin', Dristan
Slipped on a peel, then broke her wrist, and burnt her quick
And stopped her wish, wanted my wig pushed in
Ghostface is local, slick murder shit with a new rhyme hustle
Still bust you, fuck you, head but you, respect my muscle
Like a mean hooker...I'm not gonna tussle, I'll cut you
And that goes for any nigga who think that they better than me
Punch 'em in his face, fuck him up mentally
Real robe and pop my throne
Pop a cop if he show signs of any kinda stop my flow
This is real live lyricist, never a witness
See me clappin' the tools, improve my wrist
The dude is, the Ruger is super steel
Fall back, take a look at my face, for real
My attempts to kill, sent a gangsta chills
When his brain hit the windshields, brake ills"

No comments:

Post a Comment