8.24.2010

"17th & Pennsylvania bitch my whole fucking block poor...

...Couldn't afford a baby crib I slept up in the sock drawer/Interscope thought it was a joke but it was not though/ they tried to have a nigga do that fast-food pop flow..." Freddie Gibbs the Midwest Malcolm


(Been wanting to do a Gangsta Gibbs post for a minute!)   Anyway,  Freddie Gibbs fills a much needed void in the game right now with this next generation of spitters. Gibbs is straightforward rhymer with street tales, hood commentary, along with a piercing and surprisingly versatile flow. For as much as I love the Cool Kids,  J. Cole,  et al. I have always said it is all about having a diversity of styles in the genre. Gibbs brings that other ish.



I can't find any lyrics on dude, and I am far too lazy to transcribe this rapid fire shit so instead, I will simply leave you with a few quoteables from a few songs.


BTW I gotta step my game up as far as embedding audio. I got other Gibbs joints that I wanted to post but they weren't on you tube and I have not yet figured out the best way to post audio on my own.  Anyway, I found a few worthy songs of his, including a "Free"style.


The game needs Freddie Gibbs.


"I miss Nate Dogg"

"So blame it on those crackas why my album aint drop yet"

"He want the hard and a broad so i'm serving him both
I flip spot to a one stop shop for rock and hot cock
Got lines of Lenny Bias to throw in you snot box"













No comments:

Post a Comment