2.04.2010

"I'm booby trapped by the capitalist/tryna subsist..

...sometimes happiness is hot grits and catfish...or a bowl of cookie crisp..." The Rza as Bobby Digital

I got a text from my man the other day that simply read, "It's a Black Rob morning". While I don't ever remember us having a long convo about Rob, but I knew EXACTLY what he meant.

Some rappers voices, deliveries, lyrics, songs, are like comfort food. Warm apple pie, mash potatoes, and mac and cheese.

Here are a few other rappers that evoke that feeling for me...

Black Rob



G-Dep



Too Short
"...I was only 14 when I first ..."




Scarface
"...I wanna die but it aint for me/I try to talk to my dad but my old man ignores me..."



Rakim
"Planet Earth..."



Buckshot
"Check the dialect from the diaphragm my man"

No comments:

Post a Comment