9.07.2009

"When I come back like Jordan wearing the four five...

it ain to play games witchu..." Jay-Z

Alright that quote is not related to the post in any way but M.J. is heading to the hall of fame and I am a little emotional about it.



Anyway, It is en vogue for a lot of rappers to brag about how easy spitting lyrics comes to them. The problem is, that for many of them, the only "easy" part is how simple it would be to write some of the half-baked garbage rhymes they spit.

But when I think about rappers whos flow seemed to fit into the easy category the first name I think about is Big Pun.



flow Pun's flow seemed almost effortless. Regardless of the beat, slow or fast, pop or gutter, Pun seemed to ride that shit with no problem. As evidenced by the countless number of imitators after him, many have attempted to replicate his exploits with limited success. Many of them simply seem to be trying to "force" their rapid flow into a small space.

This is a typical Pun rhyme in terms of content, however, in addition to his liquid flow, what stands out to me is the company he is keeping. Shining on a D.I.T.C track with these heavyweights is no small feat.





You can skip to 1:24 but KRS brings it too...


"Yo,
My squad is honored it like Elijah Muhammed
But I'm God-retarded, ain't no righteousness in this heart of violence
Hard as diamond but I'm in the ruff,
listen up
If you ever see me wit the Feds you can bet it's in the cuffs
Ain't no snitch in us,
Bitch in us
Unofficial-ness,
Everything we are star you wish you was
Official thugs in the drug profession
Drug connections,
drug addictions
Still seein the judge for drug possession
The four-D's,
All these
Is more reas
To either get big, leave or let live
We the best there is
TS,
Ain't nobody else
We probably Dove cuz we all way on top of the shelf
I'm lockin your wealth wit the master keys,
freeze
Don't try to breeze,
I'ma squeeze and blast the back of your knees
Just pass the cheese,
please don't test the toaster
My tek'll roast ya body faster than Ferrari's Testarosta
You're gettin closer to death,
Reaper's got a hold on your breath
You goin straight to hell as you sell your soul for your flesh
You was posin a threat,
Now you froze in the bed
Minute ago, you was poppin shit, holdin ya dick
Now what's the problem
You ain't nuttin like you said on your album
I thought you was wildin, bustin your guns and runnin the island
You was't violent,
You was silent tryin to get college credits
How pathetic,
Did it to get out of the calisthenics
I'm Dianetics combined wit lyrics
My matureness is my insurance, kill my appearance, I'm a shine in spirit
You gotta fear it, cuz every last gem is poison
You gotta cheer it, if you can't win you better join em
I'm head-annointin niggas like the Holy Gospel
I'm the only vato loco to smoke you wit fire-blowin nostrils
Watch for the toast, when you see it you better draw yours
Warlords, callin The Giant, it's all yours" - Big Pun

No comments:

Post a Comment