7.25.2012

Vomitspit - Jay Electronica





"Man Ebola'd the land then he Small-poxed the witnesses..." Jay Electronica from My World (Nas Salute)




Jay Elec's interpretation on the destruction that humans/colonist wreaked on various parts of the world. He uses the example of the Native Americans being handed blankets infested with small pox to support his point.

In another case for the need for lyrics written in the liner notes, there is some question as to what Jay says after "Man". I have read "embroidered", "broidered", etc. While I don't hear a definitive "L" sound in the word he says, I certainly an "r" sound either. I just made the connection since he was already talking about one disease, that he had to mean the Ebola virus-just turning the word into an adjective with the "ed" or "d" at the end.

Listen for yourself. The line comes at about the 2:24 mark



No comments:

Post a Comment