1.23.2012

KRS One - Ah Yeah!

 I felt compelled to post this verse from Kris but I was not entirely certain as to why. The message is cool, but it's not his deepest stuff. The flow is tight, however it represents a mere fraction of his ability. The word play is pretty straightforward as well. Perhaps it's the energy, or delivery. Perhaps is just me as an old man reminiscing to a time lost.










The verse starts @ 1:27

"This is not the first time I came to the planet
But every time I come, only a few could understand it
I came as Isis, my words they tried to ban it
I came as Moses, they couldn't follow my commandments
I came as Solomon, to a people that was lost
I came as Jesus, but they nailed me to a cross
I came as Harriet Tubman, I put the truth to Sojourner
Other times, I had to come as Nat Turner
They tried to burn me, lynch me and starve me
So I had to come back as Marcus Garvey, and Bob Marley
They tried to harm me, I used to be Malcolm X
They thought they had me, by putting holes in my chest
Nowadays new hip hop I manifest
Now I'm on the planet as the one KRS"

No comments:

Post a Comment