7.02.2011

"try to write up in a house with no lights, you'll understand it" - Gibbs

"Bitch i'm ten toes in it
Not a fake a fascade or a cloned image
Got into rap the same way I jumped in the streets, with my own spinach
Tryna get straight up off this shit just so I can go on living
No songs spinning so I resort to the zone flipping
Something must be wrong with him he taking this shit for granted
Try to write up in a house with no lights, you'll understand it
I can't teach you how to dougie but I can teach ya bout this thuggin, keep thorough keep your mouth closed nigga, keep it 100."


When I decide to quit my 9 to 10 job and work towards tenure at an acclaimed university in the arts - in the syllabus in the area of the power of flow there will be time for students to listen to a few Freddie Gibbs songs.  Dude is somewhat infectious with his.

BTW, it is easy to dismiss dudes who "flow" as being not very lyrical, or all about "swagger" however think about the sheer volume of underground and or backpack who, despite raw as lyrics and content, suffer from a lack of flow.


Freddie Gibbs - The Coldest from LaundroMatinee on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment