4.21.2011

"Money is the motto, ever since I stashed bottles,

...behind the patch on my Lotto's - G. Dep

 I was watching my favorite show today and heard them mention that Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was kicked out of a Dallas mall after him and his friends took exception to being asked by mall cops to pull their pants up.

This automatically made me think of "The Mall" by Gang Starr featuring G. Dep and Shiggy Sha. The album was dope, and so was the song, but what caught my ear was the second verse.



This was my first time ever hearing Ghetto Dependent rap and I really liked what I heard from him. His flow was really slinky. It was herky jerky while simultaneously hard hitting. With the recent sad turn of events I figured it was time for another post from this gifted and skilled MC. Here he uses deft alteration and slick end rhymes to murder this D.J. Premier track. His intonations, stutter step and ability to go on and off beat was better than many of his era.


He goes in second.
"Yo, don't be mad at me, I used to be
King raggedy, fiends naggin me, shit I had to breathe
Gradually, rocked casually, sha passed the leaf
Vaseline slick shit, green stick shit
Honey got some mean lipstick, my knot's this thick
And I cop the meanest shit, still ride discus
But cops frisk us, the block whispers
Theft need to stop, how we cop?
But you can Guess like them jeans you rock
For now I'm rollin right, cause I had four faces
Fightin four cases in The North Face of Dolemite
So with these here Isotoners i'ma hold it tight
Shorty lookin innocent there, in Beneton gear
Nuttin innocent here, this Henneson gear
Give us a year, to really see clear, through these Cartiers
And do it party yea is what I'll probably hear
Sharkskin is what I'll probably wear, designed by Pierre, trust me
And look lovely with it
Cop a 4.2 and get ugly with it, snugly fitted, Rugby hittin
Fitted in my Coogi knitted, compliments on the doobie did it
Got the movie rented if the crew be with it yo"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment