1.26.2011

"Told my little man i'm a ghost i rose, left some jewels in his skull that he could sell if he chose"

Nasir Jones - One love


In the process of giving the kid Kendrick Lamar a good solid listen I came across this collabo on a track by someone named Schoolboy Q and dude CurT@!n$. Now, no doubt I have liked what I have heard from Kendrick thus far however I must say I was very impressed by the dude that spit right after him (I don't even know who it is...I think it's CurT@!n$). Splendid story telling replete with compelling narrative developed characters nuance, catch phrase and flow, all sandwiched in between neat introductory and concluding sentences. VERY well done indeed.

"He need a chain so I gave him fifty cents...

"I loved Mike but it was a hassle tryna buy Jordan's"




Kendrick goes first but dude follows him and rips it...








I mean, I'm a sucker for the dropping jewels/mental jewels/gold jewels metaphor all day, but when you extend it out, i'm guaranteed to be  hooked. Peep an expert...
FF to 3:09


Also, Belly did a so-so interpretation of Nas's famed verse...

(youtube wont let me embed it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7KcImUZjW8

No comments:

Post a Comment