5.02.2009

zero to sixty...

Olympic level track athletes have the ability to get to their top speed in a short amount of time. They work tirelessly to shave tenths and hundredths of a second from their lap times. We hear announcers talk about athletes getting a clean start out of the starters block.
Many rappers also pride themselves on the first few bars of the rhyme begin the strongest. In many ways - along with the beat-it can be the difference between holding the listeners ear for the entire verse. Inspectah Deck is one MC that wastes no time hitting his full rhyme stride.

"I leave scientist, mentally scared, triple extra large
wild like rock stars who smash guitars
poison bars from the god blow holes through your mirage..."

from, Above the Clouds - Gang Starr

"I bomb atomically
Socrates philosophies and hypotheses can't define how I be droppin these
mockeries
lyrically perform armed robbery
Flee with the lottery
possibly they spotted me..."

from, Triumph - Wu Tang Clan


I can't believe I forgot to add Guillotine (Swordz) from the OB4CL album!
Not only does Deck start off strong, but he completely blacks out on on the rest of the track.



"Poisonous
Poisonous paragraphs smash ya phonograph in half It be the Inspectah Deck on the warpath
First class
leavin mics with a cast
Causin ruckus like the aftermath when guns blast
Run fast,
here comes the verbal assaulta
Rhymes runnin wild like a child in a walker
I scored
from the inner slums abroad
And my thoughts are razor sharp I sliced the mic from the cord
First they criticize,
but now they have become mentally paralyzed with hits that I devise
Now I testify, the rest is I Rebel INS your highness, blessed to electrify
With voltage of an eel
truth that I reveal'll
Crush the amateurs who screamed to keep it real
Caesar black down hoodied up and fatigues
Part time minor leagues receive third degrees
Attack like a wolf pack once I pull back the God - U
and bust through like a fullback"



I know there a bunch of others so put me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment