7.27.2010

"Hoopin in them J's that we got good grades for"


- The Cool Kids

Funny line. Only I never could quite reach
the G.P.A. that I promised mom so that I could get these...(thank god for big feet and Jahmal's hand-me-downs haha)



For the record I have been wanting to do a Cool Kids post for a minute. I am not sure what my fascination with them is. While I liked the Black Mags jont, I thought that they might have been more gimmick than they were griots. I was wrong. From a content standpoint they keep it on their lane (American cars, girls, exclusive sneakers, weed, and their mic skills). They both have slightly above average flow but nothing ground breaking. They always mix in nice one-liners and similes but they don't beat you over the head with them like some rappers do. The beats are all dope, period. Dude has shown some versatility lately but he is at his best with trunk thumping 808 shit. Definitely in the whip music, not laptop speaker stuff.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a combination of all the above. These two have great chemistry. I have yet to hear a joint that sounds awkward and or out of place. In an era of insane collaborations and dudes emailing tracks to each other, these guys sound like they crafted each syllable and snare in lockstep rhythm.

They just seem to be likeable guys that have fun rapping.
























....need to hit-up iTunes cuz I owe these dudes a couple of dollars...they work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment